Since last August, I have been experiencing an assortment of medical issues, with one of them overriding all of the others and making them seem trivial in comparison. Yet through all these months of concern and medical test after medical test, I have experienced no symptoms arising from this condition, which if shown to be worsening, could demand some pretty heavy, major corrective surgery. Yet on each successive test, culminating with today's, I have been the same as before, no worsening at all indicated. So my chief medical specialist has decided to just space out the tests a year apart, a pretty good bit of news, if I may say so. This means that, hopefully, I can live my life as I do right now without any changes. Still, I was cautioned against overly strenuous physical activity, which the good doctor seems to think includes marathons and even half-marathons (on the former, I agree; with the latter, no). Oh well, those races are overpriced to run in anyway, I guess, and here in Florida they're only offered in late fall and the winter. Still, I can engage in some shorter distance events (which are cheaper) just to get a little social dimension going with my running hobby, and these shorter races are more of a year-round proposition.
So let me check out the upcoming local races and get myself back into the swing of things. If I do decide to participate in a race, though, it will be not to finish ahead of others or to achieve a fast time. Rather, it will be for me a fun meeting with other people who share my interest in running.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment