Today has not been one of my favorite days, to put it lightly. As a matter of fact, I had been dreading its approach over the past week. You see, I had an appointment to have a lousy day today: I was going to see my doctor as well undergo a scan by a specialist. In all, I was jabbed with needles three different times and the various appointments ended up taking most of my morning. But if just getting stuck was all there was to it, I wouldn't have had any problem. Ditto for investing some of my time in something worthwhile. And I have no complaints against my doctor or the specialist. But...
I really detest having anything to do with doctors' offices, hospitals, medical examination rooms,... even pharmacies leave me cold! I suppose it has something to do with the atmosphere of these places: they are oriented toward sickness, and the concept of sickness permeates them. Not only do I see sick patients all around me, but the workers themselves seem to be focused on sickness. Well, you might say that this is what they're supposed to be doing. And you'd be right. Of course, the doctors and their assistants are actually helping me to maintain my health. But going to them seems irrationally dangerous and repulsive to me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment