I am disappointed that Keith Olbermann and MSNBC had their falling out recently, leading to the star opinion-maker's departure. He is now going to have his own show on Currents, a politically progressive channel funded by Al Gore. I won't be able to watch Olbermann on it, since my cable company doesn't carry Currents. And looking at their so-called program "schedule", I can understand why. Maybe Olbermann's show can help them begin to put out a regular lineup of good shows.
What I will miss the most from Keith Olbermann are his sardonic rebuttals, usually to those on the far right on radio and on Fox News, crystallized in his Worst Persons in the World segment. Then again, I won't miss at all his refusal to have anyone on his show who isn't a head-nodding sycophant! I noticed that other MSNBC hosts like Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, and Lawrence O'Donnell, themselves all on the left side of the political spectrum and quite convicted in their opinions, welcome dissenting views and guests from the right on their shows. For some reason, though, the idea of doing this seems to offend Olbermann.
Still, I'd like to be able to watch Olbermann from time to time. It looks as if that will be later than sooner, though. Then again, I don't quite understand the criteria that my local cable TV company uses to decide which channels they will air. Maybe I'll turn on my TV one day and Currents will be there!
Friday, February 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment