Today I made an earnest attempt to be more physically active with home-based exercise, combining walking, slow running and non-impact 'rock-running designed to increase my heart ratewithout putting strains on my soft leg and feet tisssue...total measured steps for today surpassed 14,000. Now I'm being involuntarily exposed to TV news and so-called "comedic" late-night shows in which the hosts take potshots at our own depraved "leaders". I am NOT a Jimmy Kimmel fan, and I've never been one. And that Stephen Colbert..forget him! I'd just like to live my life training for better fitness and endurance, and to train my reactions to others during my daily existence whenever processes test the limits to my patience. As a matter of fact, it's not the provocations I pass through that matter so much, but rather my own chosen reactions to them. I watch the local Gainesville-area news and am saddened by the stories about different folks who hurt others with a kind of violence and abuse indicating that they've lost their minds.And there are the typically ugly mug shots I see slapped across the TV screen..no, they have taken leave of their senses, thoroughly impulsively reactive people that I deeply wish to avoid like the plague. Well, now we have an ebola outbreak, a new variant of COVID, and the hantavirus scaring the general population. And cancer is slipping in quite easily among the population, my own body struck with prostate and aggressive brain cancer varieties. The medical care here provided in the Gainsville area by UF Health is state of the art, and the BOSS is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, running the entire show: I follow my health and medical providers' instructions and am at peace accepting that my physical life is limited by time and that I am in God's loving and powerful hands. I am deeply grateful for the many wonderful blessings in my life and in those of my loved ones. So I"m about to head back to the bedroom and briefly agitate our dearly beloved Pewee Daisy...may you all sleep well and enjoy tomorrow to its fullest...
d
colbert
Regarding the scary news that is always in front of our faces these days, have you ever read Robert Harris' novel "The Fear Index'? The reality of how fear can impact the market seems to be playing out for real right now, it seems to me. Every implied national threat seems to then see a dip in the market (good time to buy stocks), then in just a day or two we see an implied solution to the before-mentioned threat, and the market then goes up (good time to sell). The novel goes into a sci-fi theme, which may or may not come true with the advance of AI. I didn't know until a few minutes ago that this has been made into a TV series and I don't know how close to the book the series is. But I will look for it on our Australian PBS station, which is where I can usually see those types of TV series.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a good night's sleep and that you have a day of calm with Melissa and Peewee Daisy.
I distrust the media manipulators, including poliician, opinion makers, reporters, Trump, Hakeem Jeffries, andMark Levin included.Dow Jones averages do not indicate thestate o theeconomy or whther leaders are making wise decisionsI nominate Trump for Biggest Douche in the Universe.
ReplyDelete