Tuesday, May 12, 2026

Early Rising, Slow Run Training Haibts, Future Races

 This past evening aaai made a point of getting myself back to bed, to allow myself the opportunity to get in a couple of hours sleep before arising early, 4-5 hours before sunrise.  Between 2 and 3 I got up , went to the bathroom and began running in place on the rug for a couple of minutes.  Then I brewed a pot of coffee and ran for eight more minutes while listening to the late jim bohn's podcast on keeppinth changing of habits simple and focused.  I'm sitting here right now producing a blog article, and I discovered that it is raining quite a bit outside!  I have my own strategies for implementing Martinus Evans's Slow AF Run Club for s higher level of endurance, lightly running in one direction while reversing the flow on an equally useful surface, repeated for as long a time as possible.I don' won't to run across the backyard in one direction, changing to a difficult plot in the opposite...and then being forced to relent on my training the minute I detect substantial rainfall. I want to run down long, level and dry hallways, without my soft running being interrupted by people. Empty parking lots and basketball and tennis courts will work quit well, too.  And what about my own immediate home block; just running back and forth down NW 27th Street to get a good workout going?  Now what if, during the start of the next Depot Parkrun 5K, I ran slowly and softly, changing to a walking gait if the running poses too much of a burden, as I mentally react to it?  Then i give myself permission to cut short my Parkrun to one llap or less, and head to the car with wonderful Melissa.  Because with this change i am fundamentally altering the nature of my physical activity to something that is destined to bear productive fruit if I stick with it. If my cancer treatment continues to go well, into the fall, then I'll be equipped to run in three Florida Track Club long distance running races, all the way up to November's Tom Walker Half-Marathon.   This can be the start o something great...

No comments:

Post a Comment