Now I'm in the middle of mid-afternoon. Had I still been working for USPS, I'd be returning from my first break to receive registered mail from the first trucks. But I am retired since November 2024, so none of that figures into my life now. I just put some flavored decaf coffee to brew, and will soon venture into the backyard...with our rowdy, excitable muttbutt Daisy...to try a couple of slow, timed walking laps. Speed does not matter here...I'm just dealing with the uncomfortable resistance factors involved in the workout. Eventually I should be making some fitness progress, but for now it's all a matter of discipline, doing the little things that place me squarely in the discomfort zone as I navigate the weeds and uneven yard surfaces. My goal for the next few minutes...they're forecasting record high temperatures for this date in Gainesville...is to complete the two inner-perimeter laps and record the time spent doing them. Well, here goes, wish me luck! Report: Daisy, in the back of the house with Melissa, didn't show up when I went outside and I did the entire 4 laps in 4:15, unpleasant but it worked for me. A nice, continuing training session for today! Now for a bathroom break and rest with some decaf. The local news is set to start soon...usually they start out with the negative stories of people behaving badly. This is a different kind of blog article in that I often feel a bit spent by this time in the grinding day. Who knows, I might even read some more of that obnoxious novel that seems to be going nowhere, with no redeeming characters and constant conflict...
Tuesday, March 10, 2026
Heated Up Back Yard Offers Walking Training Opportunity
Labels:
discomfort,
Fitness,
resistance training,
Retirement,
USPS,
Weather,
Work,
Yard Exercise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment