Early this morning I didn't feel like getting out of bed, considering the loud degree of snoring going on around me. There's a Parkrun 5K scheduled to start at 7:30, and it's predicted to be 43-44 degrees of coldness (and darkness) out there among the crowd of noisy shadows. It's now a quarter to five and I just brewed some coffee. When I do finally get up (around 5:45), I'll be needing to get my clothes in order so that I don't freeze in the cold. The plan is to complete the park's 4-lap course, and I'd like to walk through it and get a scanned and posted finishing time at the end. Well, it's back to bed for a while. See ya later. Now I'm writing this later, and I did one strong walking lap. The above photo is of me and park volunteer walker E.J., very supportive and enthusiastic. I looked like a poor geezer soul struggling to make it down the hallway to the bathroom, but I did manage to maintain my balance. Maybe next week a little more progress. Who knows, I'd like to cover the course!
Saturday, March 21, 2026
Got Up Early on This, a Parkrun Saturday Morning
Early this morning I didn't feel like getting out of bed, considering the loud degree of snoring going on around me. There's a Parkrun 5K scheduled to start at 7:30, and it's predicted to be 43-44 degrees of coldness (and darkness) out there among the crowd of noisy shadows. It's now a quarter to five and I just brewed some coffee. When I do finally get up (around 5:45), I'll be needing to get my clothes in order so that I don't freeze in the cold. The plan is to complete the park's 4-lap course, and I'd like to walk through it and get a scanned and posted finishing time at the end. Well, it's back to bed for a while. See ya later. Now I'm writing this later, and I did one strong walking lap. The above photo is of me and park volunteer walker E.J., very supportive and enthusiastic. I looked like a poor geezer soul struggling to make it down the hallway to the bathroom, but I did manage to maintain my balance. Maybe next week a little more progress. Who knows, I'd like to cover the course!
Labels:
awake,
clothes,
cold walking,
cold weather,
Depot Parkrun,
early morning,
Sleep,
Walking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment