I wrote yesterday about my experience of putting together a late Sunday afternoon 4.8-mile neighborhood walk at a brisk (for me) pace. But since I wasn't keeping up a four-mph pace throughout it, I wouldn't have come anywhere near surviving the established, required pace in Stephen King's (pseudonym Richard Bachman) 1979 early dystopian novel The Long Walk. In spite of being a bit slower, I was feeling some fatigue as I went through the course. I don't want to feel that my level of physical fitness is set in a state of decline, so this morning I did some "rock-running" exercise while listening in on foreign language podcasts...that went well. Now it's past four in the afternoon and I'm back from radiation therapy, having just eaten "for dinner" an Arby's cheddar and beef classic sandwich along with an apple turnover. I still feel a lot of energy and could do with some more exercise. Maybe I'll try the rest of the foreign languages and watch a YouTube Rob Dial episode with Russian subtitles. We're probably expecting some rainfall in our moderately-drought-stricken area in the coming hours, but that's all right since I'm home for the night. All thanks and gratitude to the Lord, in whose hands I am always and who carries me each and every day. And my deep love for my wonderful, dear Melissa...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment