It's Thankgiving, so Happy Holiday! After a night of little sleep, Melissa and I woke up early and readied ourselves for today's special Thanksgiving Thursday edition of Gainesville's Depot Parkrun, taking place just off Depot Road a few blocks south of downtown. Although I had intended earlier to run the event, I changed my mind before the race and decided to speed-walk as much as feasible. It was a chilly morning with high humidity when it started, and I'm guessing that well over 150 folks entered and finished it. My walk was brisk, but apparently not enough for other walkers, one over eighty, from catching up and beginning to pass me. That's the moment I decided to (moderately) run the rest of the course (minus the hills). This was uncomfortable and unpleasant, but I felt I could manage the grind to the end. At the close I finished with a time of 44:21...click HERE to view the posted results. Melissa drove us down there, and she completed the course with me...I'm so proud of her. This was my 94th completed Parkrun, and I'm looking forward to making a stalwart attempt to run the next one here on this coming Saturday morning. It's looks to be an especially cold one this time around...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment