Long before October, 2025 came around, I had written much of it off regarding running and speed walking, at least in the context of participating in public racing events. Melissa and I were gone on our cruise on Saturday the fourth and eleventh, and looking back the only available day for me last month turned out to be on the 18th. That was the time I walked three fourths of the Depot Parkrun course, running the final lap. And then a medical emergency slammed into my life, with the following available Parkrun Saturday taken up by me recovering from intense brain surgery, bedded down in the hospital's intensive care unit. My brain, it seems, is doing fine right now although I don't know which direction we're going with it in the longer run. I'm not driving (although I feel fully capable), depending on Melissa to transport me around as per our understanding. I'd like to participate in Parkruns this month, starting on the 8th, but that depends in large part on how she's doing with the idea when the opportunity arises. The Florida Track Club is holding its annual Tom Walker half-marathon out on a revised course featuring the Hawthorne Trail...that may be a little too rough of a task for me to take up. As for my fitness, I can work out at home or do neighborhood walks. But with these my body is more or less hostage to the outer events taking place around me. So I guess I'll be exercising some in the house while trying to avoid getting carried away with heavy activity. Oh, by the way, that NYC Marathon is set to begin early tomorrow morning, for the 50,000+ entrants who managed to scramble aboard in it. Who knows whether I'll ever be in it. I need to focus on the present and avoid letting things get ahead of me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment