As I tackle each day in my post-brain surgery life from early morning onward, I find that I always have choices about how I live. For example, today I got up and dutifully engaged in about one hour of zone one cardio level while listening to foreign languages on TV. Later, Melissa and I together did a moderately-paced 1.4 mile walk around the adjacent block in our home neighborhood. Throughout this time, I felt quite fit enough to walk a 5K event. That's interesting because, the way I've been seeing it, my medical providers have lately been taking an overcautionary, almost enfeebling approach when it comes to giving me the "OK" for publicly-available racing events such as Parkrun. They are held each Saturday morning (two locations in the Gainesville vicinity) and stress attendance and fitness over competition and eliteness. Under pressure for the sake of my medical state, I skipped this past Saturday's Parkrun although I was confident of being able to complete the course without negative repercussions. This coming Saturday morning will also have Parkrun, and I'm hoping that my health provider won't stand in my way of participating in it. My intention is to simply walk the Depot Park 4-lap course at a reasonably brisk pace...no running to happen here anytime soon. Also, my planned ventures are confined to Parkrun events and will exclude others conducted the the Florida Track Club and Tyler's Hope. We'll see what happens...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment