Saturday, August 9, 2025

Walked the Depot Parkrun 5K This Morning



I decided this morning to go to Depot Park to speed-walk their weekly Parkrun 5K.  It was warm and muggy...as usual...as I felt my sore legs and decided to give the joints a break with a walk instead of pounding the pavement with a run.  As it was, the walk was easy enough, but with my increased body weight the speed has suffered over the past year and I finished it with a time of 42:42...click HERE to view the posted results.  I did feel energized enough at the end to run an unofficial bonus .7-mile lap...did that in 6:49.  Maybe in the future...at Depot Park at least...I'll tack on an extra lap or two of running following a speed-walk.  In any event, I feel I'm experiencing a sort of reset with my level of speed with the recent walks and runs.  That's all right: for the time being, the main thing is simply showing up. Besides, it's still the dog days of summer, with the temperature at race time 68 degrees with a muggy 94% humidity.  After the race I tried going to Maude's, a nearby coffee shop...wasn't impressed: going elsewhere in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment