I retired at the end of November last year, but I still get my union's newsletters in the mail, as if I am somehow still listed somewhere as a member. Let's see...this one is titled "Florida Postal Worker", representing the American Postal Workers Union of Florida. Good enough, let's open it up and see what's inside. Headline item: Ratification Happens...the new collective bargaining agreement has been overwhelmingly ratified by the rank and file. On turning the page, there is an article on how to avoid scams, an anti-Trump piece titled "No Kings in America", and an urging for members to contact their elected representatives with their opinions. Then there's list of 30 reasons to thank unions, a section listing general guidelines for emergency preparedness, an article about the APWU Auxiliary, and a few other trailing articles. Overall I found this issue to be informative and potentially helpful, assuming I come back to it and refer to it. I think this idea of picking up a piece of literature like a brochure or newsletter and determining whether or not it contains anything of value is constructive...future such blog articles are in the works for other publications...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment