Monday, August 11, 2025

Feel Excluded By Both Political Parties' Ideologies

It used to be that being a politically pragmatic centrist was a pretty reasonable, popular thing to be in our republic that has functioned through democratically elected representatives comprising governments on national, statewide and local levels.  Nowadays, however, I find myself extremely marginalized as the two main political parties are each practicing ideologies and policies that exclude me and my interests.  I'm repulsed at the increasingly autocratic Republican Party and President Trump on the national level and Florida's Governor Desantis at the statewide level.  On the other hand, I am one of those folks who are put off by a burgeoning Woke movement in this country, very sensitive to how its advocates group and label people while practicing cancel culture as they condemn anything or anyone they see or hear violating their special rules of speech and behavior.  The latest example of this is the furor being whipped up over the clothing company American Eagle and their ad campaign featuring an attractive young woman wearing their product.  Even Rachel Maddox on MSNBC is getting in on it all, lending her politically correct opinions.  In Gainesville we have a leftist news rag called The Iguana, and in all the years I've picked it up and read it I have yet to see anything in their issues that speak to my interests.  No, I seem to belong to all the wrong demographic categories, and not only am I the "bad guy" by default in any diversity/"inclusion" discussions, but I'm now adjudged to be guilty of being privileged whether or not I show any signs of prejudice or compassion.  I know a dude I used to work with who is very proud of his own Wokeness...I realized at a point that I could never talk to him about anything without him coming back at me with some Woke spin on things.  Such people are innately full of their own pious self-righteousness and see themselves as qualified to point their accusing fingers at anyone who uses the wrong pronoun or engages in the healthy, mature habit of playing devil's advocate in a discussion of issues or politics.  So no, I feel no love for either party, and I really feel like avoiding the creepy, stupid people who like to speechify on what is correct and what isn't... 

No comments:

Post a Comment