Sunday, May 4, 2025

Scheffler Wins First '25 Golf Tournament with Outstanding Score

It looks as if professional golfer Scottie Scheffler is back on track with his game, after having to recover from a hand injury late last year following a spectacular season that saw him win several tournaments and even the Olympic gold medal.  He shot a mind-numbing 31 under par in the CJ Cup Byron Nelson Classic, held in McKinney, Texas, a few miles from Scheffler's home town of Dallas, winning by eight strokes.  I can see from watching some of the action there this week that weather plays an enormous role in how the golfers play...apparently those treacherous winds I've witnessed in previous tournaments were much tamer with this one.  Scheffler seemed to have his game together in all of its aspects...good for him!  Of course, other than fellow Texan Jordan Spieth and a handful of other notables, there was a general lack of big names entered in this tournament...I wonder how Rory McIlroy or Justin Thomas would have done here.  Well, I guess it's on to the next week, wherever they happen to be playing...

No comments:

Post a Comment