This morning I got up and, unlike last Saturday when I felt a twinge of pain behind my left leg, got ready to run the Depot Parkrun 5K for the first time since before my prostatectomy surgery on March 6th...a little more than eight weeks ago. The temperature and humidity for this early May event in northern Florida was typically unpleasant at 68 degrees and 89% mugginess. But I've been through them before and wanted to return to the old routine, confident that I could cover the 3.1 mile course after some successful training outings around my own neighborhood. The theme for today's run (or walk, if that suits your fancy) was "may the force fourth be with you", except of course it was May the Third...oh well. There were quite a few people there today at the park...I was surprised to get a close parking spot after leaving home a little later than expected. On my run today I resolved to get into my established "groove", which I did in short order. I was frankly surprised to see that I was running at a pretty solid pace, and at the end...in spite of the unpleasantness from that high humidity...had no problem finishing at 28:19. That's a very encouraging result. No pain, no energy drain, not even excess sweating. As for next week, maybe I'll do the Parkrun, maybe not. If I do it, maybe it'll be a run, maybe a walk...or maybe some overdue volunteering. You can view today's results by clicking HERE...
Saturday, May 3, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment