Yesterday Melissa and I took an overnight trip to Daytona Beach at our favorite hotel and got back into town (Gainesville) earlier this afternoon. Nothing planned out of the ordinary: sitting on the oceanfront balcony, walking up and down the beach, swimming in their fine little pool, eating both our dinner and breakfast on site...and of course our room was very comfortable as always. Sometimes I wish I had a little closet I could enter and step back out of, into a completely different location...this beach would be high on my priority list of such places. Being there was great and being here at home is great...it's the tedious driving back and forth among the often distracted or overaggressive fellow motorists that I could do without...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


When we're in Florida we try to get over to Cocoa Beach for a little 2-night stay on the beach. We make the drive, though, by going through the Ocala National Forest and never get on the interstate (and we always stop near Juniper Springs at the little rest area for a sandwich under the trees and next to the water). It's a beautiful drive with hardly any traffic at all. And yes, it takes longer to get there, but I feel so much better when I arrive because I didn't have to contend with all those drivers you were mentioning.
ReplyDeleteWe're thinking about trying some new spots on the beach as well.
ReplyDelete