One of the problems with writing a blog over an extended period of time is that I may extol the virtues of a public figure, be he or she in government, academia, news media or entertainment. Then a little while later the same individual becomes enveloped in scandal, or they may say or do something that is completely abhorrent to me, causing me to regret my earlier praise. But I realize that this is a fallen world, with its people prone to display that fallen nature within themselves...and I'm not superior in this regard. That having been noted, it still grinds me when someone like Bill Maher, whom I've praised for his outspokenness and general common sense, deeply disappoints me by doing something like what he recently did when he essentially went over to the White House to suck up to Donald Trump, following this event by praising the Narcissist-in-Chief to high heaven. Last year, in the midst of the presidential election, Maher seemed dead-set on running down Biden and the Democrats while propping up and promoting Trump...I don't get it. But I just tuned in to his latest show for his monologue and old Bill was making fun of Trump again...but with absolutely no credibility to his words. I'm sorry that the American people were collectively so foolish last November as to return to office a convicted felon who, from what I can gather, is working on behalf of Vladimir Putin and Russian intelligence to implement their agenda. But that's my opinion...you're entitled to yours. Maher's recent love-fest with the Republicans...even to the point of making a smiling appearance on the Gutfeld show...makes me wonder whether someone somewhere had discovered something on him that they could expose if he didn't "play ball" with them. Just wondering...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment