This morning I returned to Gainesville's Depot Park, a few blocks south of downtown, to participate in their weekly Saturday morning 5K Parkrun. This event is free...you just need to sign up online to get your barcode so that your results can be posted. Still cautious about returning to running just four weeks following my prostatectomy surgery, I heeded my doctor's advice and stuck with walking...albeit doing it quickly. The weather at 7:30 race time more resembled that of June than early April...66 degrees with 95% humidity. But my walk went quite well with me barely perspiring and suffering no discernible loss of energy...I finished at 42:28: click HERE to view the posted results. Next week I'm hoping Melissa walks the 5K with me...I always enjoy walking with her. And then, in subsequent weeks, maybe I'll begin to mix in some running as I continue to recover...
Saturday, April 5, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment