Saturday, April 12, 2025
Speed-Walked This Morning's Depot Parkrun 5K
In the past on April 12th I would remember my late father, who passed away at age 87 in 2013, for today is his birthday. Very sadly, I must add my son Will to the observance, for not only is today his birthday as well, but he tragically died last July...he would have been only 35 today, with his whole life in front of him. I don't know that I will ever get over his passing...I just know that I miss him so, so much. With this in mind as I got up early this morning, I remembered going on a Depot Parkrun walk with him and Melissa last May. Will had been recovering from some back surgery a few weeks before and was making good progress...he gamely joined us in covering the four-lap, 3.1 mile course. Today I walked it as I am, too, recovering from my own surgery, prostatectomy, and still adhering to the recommended walking instead of running: so I speed-walked it, enjoying the 51 degree weather at race time (85% humidity) and pushing myself to a final time of 41:23. Click HERE to view today's results...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment