Monday, April 21, 2025

Saw Physical Therapist Again Today

Today I went on my appointment to see the physical therapist assigned me regarding my recovery from prostatectomy surgery on March 6th.  Although it has indeed been more than six weeks since that time and the general guidelines for resuming running allow for it after that interval, my therapist seems a bit more cautious about it, handing me a paper with some preconditions for returning to running that, frankly, I find a little unreasonable.  Oh well, I'm the one who has to make the decisions about that, and I think I'm being cautious enough.  In any event, I have four new exercises to work on daily, and then next month I'll have a follow-up p.t. appointment.  My physical therapist is also a runner, she does marathons, and is recovering from a leg injury probably caused by overtraining...I have to take this into consideration when taking her advice.  Some of the paper's criteria about running, interestingly, don't seem to matter when discussing simple walking.  Being someone whose sensibilities about health indicate that between active and sedentary, the former is usually the best road taken, and taking into account that I won't be doing any races anyway that are longer than 5K until October at the earliest because of the hot spring and summer here in northern Florida, I'm inclined to stick to what I've been doing.  Which is cautiously incrementally challenging my body...alternating with resting it well...as I continue to heal...

No comments:

Post a Comment