It's been a little more than six weeks following my surgery, and going by their guidelines about when I can resume running, I decided for today's Depot Parkrun 5K...held weekly at that park just south of downtown Gainesville...to mix in some running with the speed-walking I had been doing for the previous three weeks. So, for the first three (of four) laps, I would walk the front side and run the back side. On the last lap I ran most of it...finishing with a hybrid walk/run mix time of 34:51. It was obviously more tiring to add in the running, but at this writing it's a little more than two hours since my finish and I feel fine...no pain or soreness. Melissa went with me today...always encouraging...and she gamely walked half the event: keep it up, Sweetheart! It was a reasonable 60 degrees at 7:30 am race time...the humidity was a muggy 94%. You can view today's results by clicking HERE. Depot Parkrun is just one of the Parkrun organization's hundreds of events held worldwide. It's free, and you register online to receive a printable barcode that you take to be scanned after the race...then your results are posted online. It's been a good habit for me for the past few years, especially regarding my recovery from my two surgeries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment