It's been a little more than three weeks since my prostatectomy surgery, and although my physician does not want me running until a few more have passed by, he has encouraged walking. So on this Saturday morning I walked the four-lap course through Depot Park, a few blocks south of downtown. It was 60 degrees at the 7:30 race time with a 90% humidity. My intention was to do a brisk walk, but not try to set any personal walking records either...after all, I'm still recovering and healing. As it was, it was relatively easy to cover the distance this way, finishing at 44:52...enough to pass Stephen King's standard of 4 mph in his dystopian novel The Long Walk but more than six minutes slower than my 5K fastest walk. It's been a while since I last did a Parkrun...six weeks ago was the previous time. There were a lot of people in the park today, and not just for our event. But although it could be annoying at times with some other participants carelessly crossing my path, making me pivot to avoid colliding with them, I did enjoy getting back to the old routine. I did not sweat a single drop during the walk nor did I experience any pain or fatigue. Until the "okay" to resume running comes my way, I guess this walking will have to be the theme of my Depot Parkrun participation...unless, of course, I choose to volunteer some Saturdays there instead. Click HERE to view today's results...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment