In the midst of a number of complicating interruptions to the intended flow of my life into retirement, I am still building a foundational structure on which to live out each day in a way that nurtures my competency, intellect, physical health and social relationships. It does help for me no longer having to adhere to a 40-hour work week while being in a location under the authority and restrictions imposed by others, not to mention being freed from making the 17-mile round trip each day through often treacherous traffic. My closest relationships, by far the most important of which is with Melissa, are supportive and want me to be strong, healthy and happy. I think I'll try to satisfy them by being just that, whatever distractions happen to come my way. And the recent prostate cancer diagnosis and my scheduled surgery this Thursday to remove said prostate is one of the major ones...
Sunday, March 2, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment