For the first five days of March I practiced running some at home, but following my surgery on the 6th, I have been told to cool that kind of activity for at least six weeks to allow for healing. But walking? That's okay, but I didn't really resume that more moderate activity with any gusto until the catheter into my bladder...inserted 11 days before and the source of a bit of restriction and pain...was finally removed on the 17th. Since then I've walked three of my 3.3 mile loops around my home neighborhood, and even managed to do a Depot Parkrun 5K walk this past Saturday, the 29th. When I do resume some running...I'm looking right now at the last half of April...it will be only light, limited jogging-in-place within my home: no racing anytime soon. Besides the walking I'm been doing this month, I've also been engaging daily in a no-impact exercise I created and dub "rock-running", whereby in a standing position I rock back and forth simultaneously on my feet, balancing the motion by thrusting my arms forward and back. It accomplishes my goal of getting myself into a zone of increased heartbeat, moving my body and doing some minimal resistance work (without weights). My recovery from the surgery at this writing seems to be going well enough...I just need to have some patience with it all. I'll probably go back to Depot Park two or three times next month and continue walking the course...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment