Saturday, December 14, 2024

Ran in Today's Depot Park Park 5K

This morning there weren't any longer-distance races in the Gainesville area, so I went back to good old Depot Park, a few blocks south of downtown, to run in their weekly, free (sign up online) Depot Parkrun 5K.  It was a pleasant 56 degrees at the 7:30 race time, but the 98% humidity was pretty intense and it made things more uncomfortable as the run wore on.  But I'm used to this mugginess and picked up my pace as I accumulated laps around the park. I had considered speed-walking this time, but next Wednesday I'm having a prostate biopsy and it may be a while before I'm running again.  In any event, it was a good experience today...click HERE to view the results...although I clocked myself finishing at 27:19, they put me in at 27:39.  Oh well, I don't think it's worth raising a fuss about...

No comments:

Post a Comment