Since I am planning to enter tomorrow's Tom Walker Half-Marathon, I thought I would take advantage of tapering down before that race by skipping my customary Saturday morning Depot Parkrun 5K, instead opting to volunteer there. And since this weekly free race...runners and walkers are equally encouraged to participate...is completely run by volunteers, I do step up from time to time, although probably less than the organizers would like. Today I was the finishing-token sorter, which is basically collecting scanned little laminated plastic barcoded cards and lining them up in numerical order...technical stuff that doesn't involve heavy amounts of interaction with others, although in the end I found myself conversing a lot with those around me. It all went well, and I noticed that some of the usual top-finishing runners took it easy with today's event, no doubt because they...like me...plan to race tomorrow morning. See ya there, although I'll definitely be spending most of my time way behind, at the back of the pack, testing my ability to walk fast for a considerable distance...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment