Back in the "old days" of when I first moved to Gainesville...namely the period from 1978 to 1985...I tended to spend a lot of time studying in local coffee/donut shops and diners. I love to learn, although my knowledge is pretty spread out across the academic spectrum...perhaps a little too thinly, I might admit. But I do like from time to time getting out and sitting in a public setting. I think my greatest progress in foreign language study has been from doing this, but sometimes I just read, speculate, or plan what I'm going to do in the immediate and near future. Seeing how I'm retiring at the end of next week, it seems that the future is going to be much more conducive for this kind of activity. Who knows, maybe I'll actually learn something in depth. I had been considering frequenting a couple of places reasonably near to my home...one sells bagels and the other donuts...but alas they both close at 2 pm, so for the mid-afternoon and later it's going to have to be somewhere else. And of course, there are plenty of "somewhere elses"...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment