I've been happy during the past few days to be experiencing generally dryer and cooler weather conditions here in Gainesville...although that temperature has been climbing back up. Unfortunately, I also experienced a sore throat the last couple of days...that seems to be abating at this writing late Thursday. It looks as if...according to the Weather Channel...a new low pressure system may be gradually developing in the western Caribbean and could eventually head back over here, taking the same general path that Helene and Milton did earlier when both slammed into Florida as strong hurricanes. The "pattern", if you can call it that, is for the Weather Channel and Fox Weather to speak in loose, overly general terms for days on end regarding specific areas of concern until, one day, they suddenly go into "alarm" mode and proclaim a rapidly-intensifying hurricane with 24 hours, and naturally, headed my way! "Patty" would be the next named Atlantic tropical storm...I don't know about you, but I'm quite ready to put a close to this already-old and disruptive 2024 hurricane season. The only blessing I can muster is that I have been living here in a zone of what they call "hostile winds" that have kept us from more direct hits. May those hostile winds continue...
Thursday, October 24, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment