Monday, October 21, 2024

Local Library Now a Crowded Early Voting Site

This morning Melissa and I were driving down NW 43rd Street here in Gainesville when we passed our nearest public library, the Millhopper Branch.  I had wondered when they would begin to pepper the surrounding landscape with campaign signs, for this place is a designated early voting site.  Sure enough, with today marking the beginning of early voting in the 2024 general election, there they all were, along with accompanying campaign volunteers waving at us and the other passing vehicles.  The parking lot for the library was packed with what I assumed were voters, cars circling within it looking fruitlessly for empty spots.  I'm not sure what the deal with these folks was other than maybe it's like the opening day of the local Friends of the Library book sale when lines stretching a city block attend this (also) multi-day event's opening moments.  Friends, there's going to be plenty of time to get your votes in...for what it's going to be worth...in the next few days.  Or, if you're like me, you'll just wait until Tuesday, November 5th, and visit your local precinct...for what that's worth.  For me, no way am I suggesting how you should vote, but sure, I've left a few of my own opinions in past articles.  In the final analysis, one thing is certain: power seekers will win their power, and dress it all up as public service...

No comments:

Post a Comment