Saturday, September 28, 2024

No Racing This Weekend

I was planning to go to my local Albert Massey "Westside" Park this morning to participate in the US Road Running racing event scheduled on the fourth Saturday each month...I was going to do the 10K race, which I did there a month ago.  In the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, which brought down a lot of branches if not whole trees even in Gainesville, not in its direct path, the Depot Parkrun, held in that city park, was canceled for today at the request of the Gainesville authorities who expressed the need for time to clear it of debris.  I'm imagining that the same conditions exist at Westside as well, and besides when I woke up this morning it was raining and soggy...yuck.  So, instead I'll exercise some indoors today and make the best of what's around me.  I think I got a little spoiled anyway with that Depot Parkrun being held every week...a little break from public races, as with other things, can be a healthy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment