Sunday, September 1, 2024

Gator Football Saturday Performance Not to Many's Liking

Well, after the University of Florida football team convincingly bowed down to Miami in their Gainesville game yesterday afternoon by a whopping 41-17 score, it's not surprising that clamors are circulating for third-year head coach Billy Napier...who has yet to produce even a winning season, much less contend for any title...to be replaced, and soon.  I predicted this, as well as the same for a substantial number of colleges across the country after their teams lost their opening games.  But for the Gators, people have come to expect elite teams each year, and what they saw on Saturday was anything but that.  I think it's reasonable to have moderately successful seasons, going say 8-4 or 9-3 and getting a nice bowl bid at the end.  But that doesn't line up with the viciously competitive and professional turn the sport of collegiate football has reached.  For too many, if you don't win it all then you're a failure: lighten up, folks.  Still, I don't think Napier has a grasp on his own team, which played very sloppily...

No comments:

Post a Comment