Saturday, August 31, 2024

Ran Gainesville's Depot Parkrun This Morning

This morning I went back to my more "normal" race location: Depot Park, just south of downtown Gainesville, where (almost) every Saturday morning at 7:30 they hold a five-kilometer (3.1 miles) race, free for anyone who wants to participate.  You can sign up online and they'll give you a barcode you can copy and take to the race so that your finishing time can be posted on their website.  Today was my 52nd Depot Parkrun finish...I wore my recently-acquired red tee-shirt displaying "50" for that recently-attained milestone.  The temperature at race time was 72 with a 97% humidity...not good but it could have been worse.  I decided beforehand to run the entire race without walking breaks...I wanted to test out my brand-new Brooks Glycerin running shoes.  Not feeling all that well physically (digestive issues), I managed to pace myself throughout the race and finish with a time of 27:25...click HERE to view the race results.  Looks like a lot of folks showed up for today's event, and many of them wisely walked it...maybe I'll do likewise next time around, we'll see.  Afterwards I tried going to the Starbucks near the University of Florida campus, which wasn't such a good idea.  It being opening day in the football season with the Gators at home in an afternoon game against Miami, the place was packed: I headed back north instead to the Dunkin' Donuts near my home...

No comments:

Post a Comment