Folks were positively giddy this morning at Gainesville's Depot Park, just a few blocks south of downtown. Each Saturday morning at 7:30 they hold a free event, the Depot Parkrun 5K...you just sign up online and they issue a barcode to take to the race for your finishing time to be posted. As I was saying, people were happy because the temperature had actually dipped below 70 degrees...69 at race time to be specific, with a humidity of (ugh) 98%. Still, I took advantage of the largely imaginary improvement in the weather to go on an all-out speed-run to see if I could beat 27 minutes...and I did, finishing at 26:51. My strategy was simple: go out hard at the start and run hard the rest of the way! In spite of my Parkrun personal record (my previous was 27:01), I finished in 33rd place...there were a lot of fast people there today. Once again I was a little surprised (and dismayed) to not hear the usual cacophony of bird songs at the park...I've been accustomed to the many red-winged blackbirds, grackles, mourning doves and others: what's going on there? You can see today's results by clicking HERE...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment