Friday, July 12, 2024

Quote of the Week...from Ron Desantis

I think the country's on the wrong track.                  Ron Desantis

And I think that regardless of which major political party you're looking at, the most popular figures within are bound to be tagged with the label "divisive" by their opponents, and our Florida governor Ron Desantis certainly fits the bill there.  When he successfully ran for that office in 2018 and reelection in 2022, I voted against him both times.  The last was primarily as a reaction to what I considered his failure to adequately protect the population of this state, which has a heavy demographic tilt toward susceptible elderly people, from the COVID pandemic that ravaged the state.  Yet I haven't always agreed with the opinions and actions of the politicians I've supported over the years, and I believe that Desantis is a decent, intelligent man who has a kind of integrity and character to his personality that would better suit him as his party's presidential standard bearer than the jerk currently running the show over there.  Also, he is very good at getting his points across lucidly...in contrast to our also decent...but declining...president.  This isn't a campaign ad for Ron Desantis, and if Donald Trump inexplicably picks him as his vice-president running mate for 2024 I'll be voting against him for the third time.  But if Desantis were the one residing in the Oval Office, I'd feel the country would be on a better track than it would be with the Orange dude in there....

No comments:

Post a Comment