Sunday, May 12, 2024

My Mother's Day Neighborhood 8.8 Mile Run/Walk

Not that Mother's Day immediately relates to my recently established routine of venturing out into my neighborhood (and adjacent ones) for distance run/walks, but that's how this particular Sunday went for me.  The first half of the day was a celebration of motherhood in all its forms, as Melissa, an ordained pastor, gave an inspiring and thoughtful message to the fellowship we attend.  Then we, along with our two grown children Will and Rebecca, went out to lunch at a familiar haunt...you know, the place known for their breadsticks, salads and soups.  Then came the afternoon and nap time as I fell asleep in the living room recliner.  When I awoke I wondered whether it wouldn't do too much harm to just pass on my planned twilight run/walk.  But no, somehow I got my reluctant body out the door and managed to extend my covered distance to 8.8 miles, again alternating throughout between two minutes of moderate running and two of brisk walking: final time was 1:40:56.  This I did to a shuffle of Police songs, thanks to Amazon Music.  Unlike last Sunday, there was no rain this week, just clear skies and the temperature had dipped a bit, thanks to a (very mild) cold front, to around 80 degrees during my training, with a very pleasant 41% humidity.  But my body feels a little sore, and I may just take a nice little break from any workouts tomorrow, at least from anything strenuous...  

No comments:

Post a Comment