Thursday, May 16, 2024

My Mid-Week Neighborhood 7.1 Mile Run/Walk

This morning I went out on my routine run/walk training session up and down the residential streets of my Gainesville subdivision, Northwood Pines, and the adjacent one...Northwood Oaks.  The skies were clear with only a few puffy clouds to speak of.  It was 80 degrees with 65% humidity...not so bad. I set my Amazon Music to a mix of Arcade Fire tracks and began. As usual, I felt a little rough at the start, planning at first to go for at least 5 miles, with my customary alternating 2 minutes of moderate running with 2 of brisk walking.  But toward the end I felt energized enough to add to my course and finished covering 7.1 miles, taking 1:17:33  to do it.  Downing some Gatorades afterwards, my recovery seemed fast, although later on in the day I realized I should have hydrated more before and during my training.  I'm thinking of focusing on walking during the Thursday training in future weeks, knowing that the weather will only get hotter.  Doing these road outings twice a week is one facet of my training.  Another is going to my local gym two or three times a week on the treadmill and gradually increasing my maximum running and walking speeds on it.  More on that in a later article...for now, it's on to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment