My running and walking went well for January...Melissa's walking did as well. I ran my fastest 5K (27:38) in several years on New Years Day and two weeks later, on the 14th, ran my fastest half-marathon (2:07:40)...likewise in quite a while. I was going to run a local 15K race on the 27th, but had come down with a bad cold...not Covid, fortunately...and spent the rest of the month recovering and exercising lightly. My stable treadmill walking pace (zero inclination) is now maxed at 5.0 (mph) while on the running side it is 7.0...these are the settings I use at the gym...any future intensification will involve raising the inclination instead of the speed. For the month total, I ran every day and amassed around 270 miles of running. I also walked with Melissa on the Depot Parkrun and plan to do this in the future, from time to time, interspersed with regular runs, speed walks and volunteering. In February there's a 10-mile race on the 10th in Micanopy organized by the Florida Track Club...if life cooperates, I plan to run in it. And LifeSouth is continuing their annual Five Points of Life running event on the 24th, albeit only a 5K race...I think it would be cool to first run the Depot Parkrun 5K earlier that morning and then walk a few blocks north and tackle the LifeSouth event! Other than that, I see this new month as an opportunity for me to continue regularly practicing my running and walking, while also working on my swimming technique and incorporating upper body resistance training...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment