Monday, February 12, 2024

Just Finished Reading The Longevity Diet by Dr. Valter Longo

I just finished reading yet another book on longevity...I think I've finally had my fill of them after this one.  It's aptly titled The Longevity Diet and written by Dr. Valter Longo who claims his own credentials of authority in medicine and human biology...as well as making a big deal about wanting to be a rock star for some reason.  For someone who actually lives in the real world under ever-changing circumstances, I found Longo's diet plan, which consists of something he invented called the "fast-masking-diet", to be overly detailed and legalistic to the point where I doubt I could follow it for long before veering off the track.  Sigh, to his credit he does encourage exercise, although with that he's overly cautious, in my opinion.  I checked out the book using my public library's Libby online system, choosing the audio version. I tend to get a little skeptical...maybe it's irrational...when someone like Dr. Longo promotes a brand new system and then sells a special product that perfectly fits his program's stringent parameters.  There is such a cacophony of disparate voices on the subject of longevity that at some point I have to just cut off all the chatter and live my life the way I see fit...and here I go.  Maybe Valter Longo or Peter Attia or Thomas Fung or a myriad of others would have serious objections, but it's my life and not theirs.  Yet many of them have worthwhile points to consider: time to use some discernment and common sense with this matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment