Today has been a day of relaxation, exercise, companionship with Melissa and our dog Daisy, and personal musings. At the day's start I realized that the TV was on the news and there was a lot of anger...seething anger...going out from people outraged at this thing or that. While information is a good thing in principle, how it's transmitted and how I receive it have become crucial elements of my own life in these divisive times we're living in. I choose the path I want to go down...if others want to be slaves of media manipulation then I guess that is ultimately their own choice as well. I find that while it's important to live each day fully mindful of the present and my surroundings, I also know that it's to my advantage to plan out at least a tentative structure for the future days, weeks and months ahead...and that's been at the roots of those musings I was referring to. All in all, a good day, and I hope yours has gone well, too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a lovely day today, too. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a nice relaxing day watching the ducks and kangaroos that come around the little creek behind our apartment. I'm a person who really rejoices in my "do nothing" days which I try to fit in a few times a week.
ReplyDeleteDucks and kangaroos...awesome!
ReplyDelete