This Saturday morning, Melissa and I got up at the unholy hour of six to prepare for the Depot Parkrun, a four-lap, through-the-park run/walk event held just a few blocks south of downtown Gainesville that is always a little different from week to week. For her it was her 4th time out there...she's a walker and has been making great "strides" in it lately. For me, I decided to run the 3.1 mile course, taking a couple of brief, brisk walking breaks at the ten and twenty minute marks. It was a cool 50 degrees at race time, with around an 80% humidity...pretty good conditions, except for no cloud cover when the sun rose. I ran the race with a lot of energy and finished with a personal best for my 35th Parkrun since 2019, with a time of 27:36: click HERE to see the posted results. Afterwards I joined up with Melissa to finish her walk...she's doing great! So, this was our last Depot Parkrun for a while...for the next couple of weeks we will be out of town on vacation, so March 16th would be the earliest for us to possibly get down there again. The Depot Parkrun is free and volunteer-run...you register online and they explain how the timing system works with the bar code they provide you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment