Saturday, January 13, 2024

Walked the Depot Parkrun 5K with Melissa This Morning

This cold and blustery morning saw Melissa and me get up early and out to our favorite Gainesville park, Depot Park, for their free Saturday morning Parkrun 5K.  We had hoped that by race time the winds might have subsided, but no, they were in full force throughout our four-lap walk along the sloping and winding trail with pretty, natural surroundings and many different kinds of chirping birds.  This was Melissa's second Parkrun 5K and I was surprised at how well she handled the course, distance and weather conditions, setting and keeping up a good pace throughout.  This time around I walked the course with her, anticipating a half-marathon race I'm signed up for tomorrow morning in Hawthorne.  Afterwards we enjoyed some bagels and coffee at a local bagel diner, bought some groceries and are now hunkering down at home with our sweet dog Daisy.  If you want to see how folks finished on today's Depot Parkrun, click HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment