Monday, January 1, 2024

Ran Gainesville's Depot Parkrun 5K This New Year's Morning

This morning Melissa and I got up early on New Year's Day 2024 and drove down to Depot Park, a few blocks south of downtown Gainesville, to participate in the specially scheduled Parkrun for this holiday. It was my 31st Parkrun and Melissa's first, as she walked the 3.1 mile distance with the race-time (7:30) temperature at 35 degrees and 99% humidity.  I ran the whole distance this time without walking breaks since the weather was so conducive to speed.  We both did well...I'm very proud of Melissa and she did better than she had originally thought.  I set a new personal best for the Parkrun at 27:38...you can view the results by clicking HERE. That time may well stand for a while as my personal best as, in future runs, I plan to return to the Galloway run/walk method...the only exceptions will be if it's another cold morning or I do a speed-walk for the race.  In any event, it was fun and we enjoyed a very good breakfast afterwards at Afternoon, a local diner with very good food and service.  Now on to the rest of 2024...

No comments:

Post a Comment