The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can. Neil Gaiman
I've read quite a few of Neil Gaiman's novels in past years, although recently I've gotten a little bit away from his fantasy-based genre of fiction writing. Today is his birthday and I thought I'd drop in on a thought of his that appealed to me...so here's the above quote. It sounds on the surface self-contradictory to say that we're all the same in that each of us is unique, but there you are: it's true! Yet with the explosive advent of artificial intelligence permeating so many aspects of our being...impelled by the development of quantum computing...I'm beginning to wonder in fact whether a virtual "myself" couldn't just as easily be created, if not now, then in the not-so-distant future. But now is now, and in my daily walk through life I want to act out that unique nature of mine, be grateful for it, and appreciate the differences and similarities I see in others. And maybe it's time for me to dig back into some more of ol' Neil's works...
No comments:
Post a Comment