Monday, November 20, 2023

Just Finished Reading Level Up by Rob Dial

Very recently Rob Dial, known for his Mindset Mentor personal development-themed podcast that often offers topics for my blog articles, had published his first book: Level Up, long title Level Up: How to Get Focused, Stop Procrastinating, and Upgrade Your Life.  This pretty much describes the book, which incorporates the gist of Dial's podcast messages and presents it in more whole fashion.  Level Up is divided into three sections: why you're not taking action, how to take action, and creating habits and making them stick.  In each of them are subtopics that logically contribute to the main message. At the chapters' close are personal journaling questions...Dial believes strongly in introspection and writing down on paper one's inner thoughts and feelings.  In that sense this is an interactive book...not in the adopted cyberworld sense but in that the reader is invited to participate, step by step, with the program as it is laid out.  I haven't sat down and begun this interaction...no, I've procrastinated, dang it!  But there's no better time than now...actually, there's no time other than now.  I think you'll find this book helpful regardless where you happen to be in your own personal walk through life...there's none of that mystical nonsense that I've encountered in other works of this sort.  Hopefully, the public library web service Libby will begin to offer it for checkout before long...

No comments:

Post a Comment