Well, after being off from work for four days, it's back to the grind...although truth be told, I don't have any problem with that. Acknowledging the many blessings in my life has become a worthwhile personal habit, and my gratitude furthers enhances my daily walk. It's a terrible shame that people, being what they are, just can't seem to get along in the world...or in many areas within my own country, for that matter. By most standards, you could call me a misanthrope, and yet I don't attach negative emotions to that label, only recognizing fallen human nature for what it is and refusing to adopt a Pollyannish worldview that would only continually crash down on me from letdown and betrayal. I love my family and close friends, but beyond that I'm a little like those European immigrants to this great land featured in the Godfather movies who, while engaging and interacting with others, at the same time entertained a healthy skepticism about their character and motives. Be nice to folks, sure, and don't always go around complaining about things, either. But at the same time, I'm hip to the ways of the world and it ain't always rosy, just in case you haven't been watching the news lately...
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment