Today I returned to my Saturday morning haunt of Depot Park...just a few blocks south of downtown Gainesville...to run yet another of their free Parkrun 5K (3.1 miles) races. I had considered spending some money and driving down to Ocala to participate at either a 10K or half-marathon held twice monthly at their Baseline Trailhead Park off SE 58th Avenue but decided to take the "easy" road at least this time around. At race time the temperature was 73 with 97% humidity...yuck! I wasn't sure whether I would run or walk this particular race, but at the last minute decided to run it. The start went slow since there were a lot of people there, including many from an African children's charity organization called Life Child. As the run progressed, each successive lap of the four-lap course went faster for me, and I finished with a lot of energy to spare at 32:17...you can view the race results by clicking HERE. Someday, probably next month, I'd like to try out one of those Ocala races. If I choose the half-marathon, I'm planning to walk a good percentage of the distance. And now, on to the rest of the weekend. The lawn needs mowing and there's plenty of sports on the telly: full speed ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment