Tuesday, September 5, 2023

A Little Bit Behind in My "Songs of the Year" List for 2023

Let's see...it's already the first week of September 2023 and I have yet to even begin to compile a list of my favorite songs of the year so far.  Well, it's been a while since I would draw upon what I heard off the radio...that medium I only use nowadays to occasionally listen to my local classical music station.  No, in recent years I listen to my favorite acts off YouTube, buying their CDs if they're especially good.  Up until this moment I would have to say that the track A Hairdryer...yes, that's the title...off The Smile's album A Light for Attracting Attention, is my "song of the year" so far.  Yet I just checked on the Web to see who's come (or coming) out with new albums this year, and there are a lot of good acts: Korn, Smashing Pumpkins, Gorillaz, Philip Selway (from Radiohead), U2, Depeche Mode, The New Pornographers, Pet Shop Boys, Paul Simon, Yes, The Guess Who, Andrew Bird, The Hives, Sufjan Stevens and Cold War Kids stand out to me.  I'm especially interested in Sufjan's new album Javelin, scheduled for release October 6...I'm almost certain to order that one.  So yes, there are plenty of new tracks for me to immerse myself in.  I don't have to like everything on an album for it to contain some real gems...should be fun checking them out...

No comments:

Post a Comment