This morning I got up at six and took the dog out in the backyard to do her stuff, checking to see my cellphone confirm what I was already experiencing with the weather: it was 80 degrees with 93% humidity...ugh! I had intended to drive down to Depot Park just south of downtown Gainesville to participate in yet another of their free weekly 5K "parkruns", but experience has taught me that distance running over such a temperature/humidity combination is a formula for disaster. So, after I brought Daisy back into the house, I went back to bed...incidentally sleeping for another four hours. In retrospect, though, I probably should have gone anyway and just walked the course. And walking is something I'd like to do more and more of, whether I'm just going around the neighborhood or doing a race. Since it doesn't seem like it's going to get cooler around here anytime soon, I think that's a prudent move on my part...although I can still run within my nice, air-conditioned house or at my local gym until things get more tolerable outdoors. Well, as far as the Depot Parkrun is concerned, there's always next week. Yes, I really should get out there on Saturday mornings and make a habit of covering the distance, be it by running, walking...or crawling...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment