Monday, July 17, 2023

Work or Vacation, It's All Good

Sometimes it's a good idea to just sit here and write some free-flowing stuff.  Right now, it's midmorning on a Monday, my workweek ahead of me before I begin a two-week vacation.  But I have found that, within my daily normal routines...and that includes going off to work...I can find a sense of purpose, balance, relaxation and refreshment in my life that many tend to believe can only happen with an absence of structure and accountability.  For me, a vacation is a break in my routines, time to experience something new and different, and possibly go on an adventure.  Whether I'm traveling or not during this period, I am content with the time off, as well as when I return to the "old grind" when it ends.  Structure's good...but so is adventure.  Things like this blog, foreign language study and an assortment of other daily routines I'm engaged in may take a brief break during that time, but there is also fun living in that present moment and experiencing whatever gets thrown my way.  It's all good...

No comments:

Post a Comment